Friday 23 January 2009

The moon and the black man.

I have been watching the U.S. recently with interest. Mainly because I am proud of them. I watched snatches of the recent presidential election with the "I know where I was when it happened" kind of moment.
The last time I saw American history unfold like this, it was the sight of falling masonry.
This moment is just as memorable, But this time It is a moment of a very different flavour.
I know that there are the doom-sayers saying that it is a vapid thing, full of publicity and a new image for America to project.

I have noticed that the man in question has already started putting plans into action that he promised. whether he will continue to do so remains in question.
I think that whatever happens and for whatever reasons this happened for, it will make the US a stronger place for all of it.


Decades ago America did something...
Something that changed the way we looked at the world forever... It put men on the moon. There are people who say that this never happened...

I choose to believe that it did. Not because anyone can prove this, but because I find the world a better place when we achieve such incredible things.
So I choose to believe that this man, Obama will be good not just for America, but for the rest of us around the world.

Who knows what will come of this. I sure as hell don't. But at least we're pointing in the right direction.